Earthstompers COVID-19 protocols
Thank you for choosing Earthstompers Adventures and booking your holiday in South Africa. We are travel ready! We have used the last few months of lockdown to have a good rest, but also to make sure we are prepared when tourism reopens. We are looking forward to welcoming our awesome guests back. We have even implemented a more flexible booking and cancelation policy, to make sure guests are comfortable booking travel again.
The health and safety of our guests and staff have always been a top priority for Earthstompers Adventures. We have adapted our standard operating procedures in line with South African Tourism’s guidelines for Covid-19. Like always, we will make sure guests have a fun, informative, and safe experience on tour.
Please take a minute and read through the following protocols and guidelines that we put in place due to the Covid-19 outbreak. We will adjust and improve these measures as circumstances dictate.
- Guests will be asked to complete a medical declaration before every tour.
- Our friendly office team will send you a full itinerary, packing list, safety briefing and special Covid-19 health and safety information before your tour, please save this on your phone as we will not share hard copies amongst guests on tour anymore.
- Guests will be asked to pack light and handle their own luggage as far as possible.
- Guests will be asked to bring hand sanitizer on tour and to use it regularly.
- Guests will be asked to bring a mask on tour and to use it.
- Guests will be asked to report to their guide if they feel unwell, so that the guide can assist with getting you appropriate medical attention.
- Please wash your hands regularly and sanitize every time before you get on the bus.
- Guides will be well trained on the new standard operating procedures.
- Guides will wear a face mask and wash their hands regularly.
- Guides will be asked to look out for any symptoms of illness among guests, and to notify office in case any guest should feel unwell.
- Although we are a friendly bunch, we are unfortunately discouraging hugs, kisses or handshakes, please make use of an “elbow tap” greeting.
- Guides will be responsible for cleaning and disinfecting your tour vehicle daily.
- Guides will have hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes in case you run out.
- Vehicles will be aired out, disinfected and thoroughly washed before every tour.
- Buses will be aired out and all surfaces disinfected daily while on tour by your hard-working guide.
- Each of our buses is equipped with a disinfection kit, including disinfectant wipes, disinfectant spray, and hand sanitizer that our guests are welcome to use.
- Each bus will have an extra set of hand sanitizers and masks. Please ask your guide if you have misplaced yours.
- We are in regular communication with our suppliers, to make sure all accommodation we use along the route comply with Government Covid -19 requirements.
- All accommodation along the route will make sure their accommodation is cleaned and disinfected according to Government Covid-19 standards.
- Hands will need to be disinfected and temperatures checked before entering an accommodation establishment. Certain guest houses will have different protocols, please respect and adhere to these conditions.
- To allow for social distancing and not to overcrowd reception areas, we will take care of registration at accommodation before arrival. To enable this, we will share your name, passport number, and any dietary or health notes with the accommodation before arrival.
- We are in regular communication with our suppliers, to make sure all activity operators we use along the route comply with Government Covid -19 requirements.
- All activity operators along the route will make sure facilities and gear are cleaned and disinfected according to Government Covid-19 standards.
- Hands will need to be disinfected and temperatures checked before doing certain tour activities. Certain establishments will have different protocols, please respect and adhere to these conditions.
- Guests will still enjoy fresh, local South African food. We are in regular communication with our suppliers, to make sure all meal providers we use along the route comply with Government Covid -19 requirements.
We can’t wait to get back out on the road and look forward to welcoming you soon!
The Earthstompers Family