SUSTAINABLE WINELANDS PRIVATE DAY TOUR
Something that goes hand in hand with our love for good food & wine is our passion for people and the environment.
We endeavor to make responsible choices when creating itineraries for guests and we are mindful of where we eat and who we support. This Sustainable Wine Tour was crafted for those like-minded guests who take responsible traveling seriously.
During this one-day sustainable tour we will visit farms that practice responsible farming methods and are involved in social equity programs. Things we look for when selecting wineries:
- Fairtrade farms
- Biodynamic or organic farming
- BWI – Biodiversity & Wine Initiative
- Farms with social equity initiatives
- Diverse winemakers – women or people of colour
- Reyneke Wines – Reyneke Wines practices biodynamic farming methods and produces excellent organicand biodynamic wines. We will learn about their cornerstone project and how they empower their farm workers through housing ownership, education and retirement annuities. Join the owner, Johan, or winemaker, Nuschka, on a walking vineyard tour to learn more about organic and biodynamic wine farming before you taste their excellent range of wines.
- Avondale Wines – Avondale is a certified organic and biodynamic wine farm. Avondale is committed to providing fair and decent living and working conditions to enable their workers to enjoy healthy, balanced lives. They have a community centre, crèche and feeding scheme on the farm for the farm workers’ children. Enjoy the beautiful views and lovely gardens while sipping on their excellent wines.
For lunch, we recommend Faber @ Avondale – Faber is a contemporary farm-to-fork restaurant that approaches each ingredient with the utmost respect. Faber Food is handcrafted using the finest fresh and organic ingredients; creating wholesome, innovative dishes.
- Bosman Family Wines – Bosman Farm is a Fairtrade certified wine farm and this 8th generation farm has been in the family for more than 200 years! The joint venture between Bosman Family Vineyards and the Adama Workers Trust saw the formation of the biggest Black Economic Empowerment deal in the wine industry to date, with eligible workers receiving co-ownership of 430ha of prime farming land. The relationship between the family and their team is evident in the fact that many of the 260 full-time workers on the estate are 5th generation families that have a deep a passion for winemaking. With an ownership of a full 26% of the business, a solid skills transfer system and numerous social projects, the workers are invested in every aspect of Bosman Family Vineyards. Experience a cellar tour through the 260-year-old Bosman cellar before sitting down for a tasting of their fantastic wines.
- Services of a professional tour guide/driver
- Pick up and drop off (location of your choice in Cape Town and surrounds)
- Transportation for the route described in itinerary
- Wine tasting at three different wine farms including a vineyard and cellar tour
|Number of adults||1||2||3||4||5+|
|Price per adult||R 5500||R 3000||R 2200||R 1750||R 1500|
|Children aged 2-11: R 400 per child|
Please read our day winelands tour private tours terms and conditions.